Introducing the simplest way to weld Aluminum parts – no expensive equipment required.
All you need is a propane torch, and some Simple Aluminum Welding rods.
No fluxes and no fumes are required (however, you can use some flux if you feel it will do a better job).
Makes a sound joint, stronger than the parent metal, and can join thin and thick parts together.
It’s corrosion resistance is excellent, and has minimal or no distortion to parent material.
Fast, simple and cheap.
Thoroughly clean the area you’re about to weld by brushing the base with stainless steel brush until it become shiny. Then evenly heat the area to be welded. As you heat, rub the rod vigorously against the heated area until the rod starts flowing.
Caution: Never apply heat directly to rod as it will crumb, and if you manage to melt the rod directly, the weld will be easily breakable. Remember, melting the rod directly is a wrong way, and makes crumby welds.
- Material: 500mm X 2MM Aluminum magnesium
- Melting temperature: < 896°F (480°C)
- Application: Aluminum and aluminum alloy welding/brazing
- Recommended for welding or brazing aluminum alloy: 1060, 1350, 3003, 3004, 3005, 5005, 5050, 6053, 6061, 6951, 7005, and cast alloys 710.0 and 711.0
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Minimize parent material distortion during welding.
- Applications include truck beds, loading ramps, docks, diamond plate, irrigation piping, engine blocks, transmission housing, etc.
- 10 pcs Welding Rods
- 5 pcs Welding Rods